If You Don’t Have Time!
Not overdoing it may seem like common sense, but these days many folks try to take on too much when feeling pressure to be successful or to meet financial goals. You don’t have to do it alone! A social media specialist has already put in the time to learn the ins and outs of the industry. They know the tools, methods, and landscape.. Something that might take you months or even years to pick up and hone by yourself.
What if I Don’t Have a Budget For This?
Look, if this isn’t a priority to you, then there’s nothing we can say to convince you that you should be spending money on marketing. But we will say this… A marketing plan and budget is accounted for in every professional business plan, and a digital strategy is a vital component of any successful contemporary marketing plan.
To be completely honest, if this isn’t something you have considered, we encourage you to seek out some lessons to enhance your understanding of business and budgeting. You can apply to take courses on this at colleges, universities, local boot camps, or even online courses through services like Coursera or Udemy.
We’re here to help you succeed, but we can’t do that if you’re not investing in yourself first and foremost! Investment can come in the form of money or time spent depending on your personal financial situation.
You’ve likely heard this expression before, but what exactly does that look like in the main street sphere? It could mean focusing on what you do best, and delegating other tasks. As part of a consultation, a freelancer, or agency could discuss how much work you’re taking on, and how much you would prefer to delegate. It could mean letting them connect you with the tools and resources to make your job easier, or quite simply taking it all on for you.
Some business owners are more eager to stretch their marketing budget by learning the ins and outs of social through training sessions at events or through a consultant. These individuals are normally motivated self-starters, who are enthusiastic about learning and experimenting with marketing and engagement with their clients or customers.
Others are more partial to giving input through our discovery process and essentially letting someone else take the lead, and commit to a plan of action.
How Much Will it Cost?
There is no one size fits all solution or answer to this question, and anyone who tries to sell you a service based on this idea could be trying to take advantage of your lack of in-depth understanding. It’s important to work with someone you trust, and an organization that has proven it can get the results you are looking for. You can discuss your budget and goal to clearly establish expectations during a consultation.
What Exactly Am I Paying For When I Hire a Social Media Specialist?
I can't speak for all freelancers and agencies, but here is an example of priorities taken from my own personal process as a marketing specialist focused on impact.
- Receive an in-depth digital strategy that aligns with your organization’s goals and principles
- Increase brand awareness, and refine style and messaging
- Gain more credibility as a brand or organization
- Increase the likelihood that your audience will share your content
- Empower your audience to become social advocates for your brand
- Gain actionable insight from an engaged audience
- Implement smart targeted advertising that doesn’t rely solely on ‘Pay to Play’ marketing
Others may focus more on other areas like increasing followers, facebook ads, etc. Each agency or freelancer may have a distinct style or focus. A word of advice: Do your research to assess if they are the best fit for you. Ask yourself…
- Are they focused on impact or metrics?
- Can they provide proven results and case studies?
- Have they worked with reputable brands or companies?
- Do they respect your time and vision?
- Are they asking the right questions?
How Do I Get Started? What Does the Process Look Like?
Again, I can't speak to all agencies or freelancers, but here is an example of my own personal process …
- Book a consultation where you will discuss your needs and budget
- Key messaging, goals, timeline, and service delivery are all clearly defined
- Sign a ‘Service Contract’
- Good faith % deposit may be required for new clients before we begin service delivery
How Do I Get Everyone Onboard?
Need to demonstrate the ROI to partners or other stakeholders? A freelancer or agency should be able to help with this, Just ask!
Don’t miss out on your chance to create meaningful touch points with your audience and build a brand narrative that emphasizes your unique value and establish a deeply rooted connection with your community!