What is the Digital Service Squad Grant Program
Digital Main Street (DMS) is a program focused on assisting main street businesses with their adoption of technology. The Digital Service Squad Grant Program will provide training, advisory support and a grant to support the Digital Service Squads across Ontario.
Who is eligible for the Digital Service Squad Grant (DSSG)?
A DSSG grant is open to businesses that meet one of the following requirements and are:
- A local BIA located in Ontario
- A Municipality, Chamber of Commerce or Small Business Enterprise Center in an area where there are no BIAs present and located in Ontario
- An area with multiple BIAs that partner with the Municipality, Chamber of Commerce or Small Enterprise Centre to create a Centralized Project Partnership (CPP).
Please review the DSS FAQs for additional DSS applicant criteria and responsibilities
Eligible costs include: equipment, staff costs, print marketing material
- Equipment limited to $1,200 (per squad member)
- Marketing (printing/distributing postcards/flyers promoting the service locally)
- Travel costs based on the posted provincial mileage rate (only applicable to outlier areas and applicants who cover multiple cities)
- Cell phone costs for squad members ($50/month maximum)
- PPE (if necessary)
- Zoom charges or equivalent platform fees
- Squad Member Salary/Wages/Contract Fees
- Preference to graduate or undergraduate students
- Note the grant cannot be used to pay a current member of your team to be on the Digital Service Squad.