What is the Digital Service Squad Grant Program
Digital Main Street (DMS) is a program focused on assisting brick-and-mortar small businesses with their adoption of technology. The Digital Service Squad Grant Program will provide training, advisory support and funds to hire local Digital Service Squad members across Ontario.
Who is eligible for the Digital Service Squad Grant (DSSG)?
A DSS grant is open to applicants that meet one of the following requirements:
- A local BIA located in Ontario
- A Municipality, Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trade or Small Business Enterprise Center and is located in Ontario
- An area where one of the following may apply on behalf of a collaborative partnership that includes a Municipality, Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trade and/or Small Enterprise Centre.
**Please note, this grant opportunity is not available to small businesses
Please review the DSS FAQs for additional DSS applicant criteria and responsibilities
Eligible costs include: equipment, staff costs, print marketing material
- Equipment limited to $1,200 (per squad member)
- Marketing (printing/distributing postcards/flyers promoting the service locally)
- Travel costs based on the posted provincial mileage rate (only applicable to outlier areas and applicants who cover multiple cities)
- Cell phone costs for squad members ($50/month maximum)
- PPE (if necessary)
- Zoom charges or equivalent platform fees
- Squad Member Salary/Wages/Contract Fees
- Preference to graduate or undergraduate students