What is a Digital Transformation Grant?
Digital Main Street (DMS) is a program focused on assisting small businesses with their adoption of technologies. The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program will provide funding for training, advisory support, and grants to brick-and-mortar small businesses looking increase their capacity through digital transformation.
The grant is administered by the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA), and is not administered by Digital Main Street.
Applications will continue to be accepted until October 31, 2021 (or until grant funds are exhausted).
The objectives of the Digital Main Street – Digital Transformation Grant program are to:
Provide small business owners a comprehensive plan to guide their digital transformation.
Provide small businesses with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation either through a do-it-yourself approach and/or being a smart consumer when purchasing these services.
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
Must be a business that:
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.
- Previous Digital Main Street grant recipients may NOT apply at this time
How to apply for the grant
- Hiring a consultant/agency/person to execute Digital Marketing initiatives
- Redesign, Improvement of existing website
- Development of new website
- Graphic design software
- Productivity Software (LastPass, Hootsuite, Dropbox, etc.)
- Social Media Software (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Security Software
- Other software as evidenced in the DTP
- Ongoing Digital Training courses (in-person & online)
Hardware (maximum $1,000)
- Must be hardware deemed necessary (as determined by OBIAA in its sole discretion)
- Digital Main Street reserves the right to determine what is deemed eligible / ineligible on an as needed basis. These are merely an outline and represent best practices.