What is a Digital Transformation Grant?
The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program is designed to assist small businesses with adoption of technologies. The program will provide training, advisory support and grants to brick-and-mortar small businesses looking to increase their capacity through digital transformation.
The grant is administered by the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA), and is not administered by Digital Main Street.
The objectives of the Digital Main Street – Digital Transformation Grant program are to:
Provide small business owners a comprehensive plan to guide their digital transformation.
Provide small businesses with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation either through a do-it-yourself approach and/or being a smart consumer when purchasing these services.
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
Must be a business that:
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.
- Previous Digital Main Street Ontario Grant Program recipients who received a DTG after June 21, 2022 may NOT apply at this time
- Previous Digital Main Street Ontario Grant Program recipients who received a DTG before June 21, 2022 may apply provided all DTG final reports have been received and verified by OBIAA
- Large corporations are not eligible to apply for a DTG (more than 50 staff)
- Businesses with multiple locations are only eligible to apply for one Digital Transformation Grant
- Owners with multiple businesses may only apply for one grant
- Hiring a consultant/agency/person to execute Digital Marketing initiatives
- Redesign, Improvement of existing website
- Development of new website
- Graphic design software
- Productivity Software (LastPass, Hootsuite, Dropbox, etc.)
- Social Media Software (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Security Software
- Other software as evidenced in the DTP
- Ongoing Digital Training courses (in-person & online)
Hardware (maximum $1,000)
- Must be hardware deemed necessary (as determined by OBIAA in its sole discretion)
- Digital Main Street reserves the right to determine what is deemed eligible / ineligible on an as needed basis. These are merely an outline and represent best practices.