What is a Digital Transformation Grant?
Digital Main Street (DMS) is a program focused on assisting main street small businesses (MSB) with their adoption of technologies. Through a partnership with FedDev Ontario and the Province of Ontario, grant opportunities are available to enable this digital transformation process. The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program will provide funding for training, advisory support, and contributions to main street small businesses looking increase their capacity through digital transformation.
The grant is administered by the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA), and is not administered by Digital Main Street.
The objectives of the Digital Main Street – Digital Transformation Grant program are to:
Provide main street business owners a comprehensive plan to guide their digital transformation.
Provide main street businesses with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation either through a do-it-yourself approach and/or being a smart consumer when purchasing these services.
What Does It Cost?
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
Must be a main street business that:
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.
- Previous Digital Main Street grant recipients may apply providing all reporting and project receipts have been submitted
How to apply for the grant
Eligible / Ineligible CostsEligible Costs Ineligible Costs
- Hiring a consultant/agency/person to execute Digital Marketing initiatives
- Redesign, Improvement of existing website
- Development of new website
- Graphic design software
- Productivity Software (LastPass, Hootsuite, Dropbox, etc.)
- Social Media Software (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Security Software
- Other software as evidenced in the DTP
- Ongoing Digital Training courses (in-person & online)
- Must be hardware deemed necessary (as determined by OBIAA in its sole discretion)
- Digital Main Street reserves the right to determine what is deemed eligible / ineligible on an as needed basis. These are merely an outline and represent best practices.