2017 Holiday Survival Guide
Must-know insights for e-commerce merchants looking to ace the holiday season
Did you know that Canada Post saw e-commerce holiday volumes nearly double in 2016 since 2012? With such high stakes, the holiday season can be a “make or break” period for merchants. The Holiday Survival Guide is based on proprietary research and provides insights and important tips to help you maximize this key selling season.
- Extend your selling windows. Smooth out the holidays’ retail peaks and valleys with longer promotional periods that also smooth out your fulfillment process. Many of 2016’s top merchants turned November into “Cyber Month.”
- Product deals + shipping promotions = Success. During the 2016 holiday season, merchants who paired sales promotions with free shipping saw significant lifts in volume.
- Capitalize on last-minute shoppers. Extend your shipping deadlines and get items there by Christmas by improving logistics and offering express delivery.
- Use returns to increase conversions and build loyalty. Customers in 2016 looked for a return policy that was easy to find, easy to understand and simple to carry out. More merchants soothed the concerns of gift-givers through longer post-holiday return periods – but there is room for improvement.
- Canada Post can help. Find key shipping deadlines and important e-commerce dates for 2017’s holiday season, care of Canada’s No. 1 parcel company.