Facebook launches Summer of Support and Online Business Guide
Facebook is kicking off a new free initiative called Summer of Support, designed to help business owners get the digital skills and information needed to navigate these challenging times. The program launched June 24th, and will run for six weeks, and feature a mix of content including free online training, live sessions, and topics such as reimagining customer service, going from brick and mortar to digital, and much more.
Each week, we’ll focus on a different theme and highlight different speakers, like basketball legend and entrepreneur Magic Johnson, OpenTable and Kayak’s SVP of Marketing, Jessica Jensen, and Chairman of O'Shares Investments and television personality Kevin O’Leary, who will offer tactical tips to help your business succeed.
More about the Summer of Support weekly themes, below:
- The Changing World (June 24 – 28) : Understanding the current state of society, insights and inspiration on where small business plays a leadership role.
- Resilience (June 29 – July 5) : Sometimes opportunity can look like a setback. The businesses that succeed are the ones that can reframe a setback as a new way forward. Find out how to stay resilient in moments of change and make your downturns work for you.
- Reinvention (July 6 – 12): That one transformative opportunity might just be out of reach — and you just might have to try a little reinvention to fully grasp it. These courses will show you how to remake your business to be more open to opportunity.
- Re-Emergence (July 13 – 19) : Once a crisis ends, how do you enter into the new landscape? Successful re-emergence into the market means understanding which parts of your business to keep and what needs to evolve.
- Customers & Commerce (July 20 – 26) : If you’re an asset to your customers in times of uncertainty, you stand to gain when the economy picks up again. Learn how to make your business essential, through customer-focused processes and smarter commerce.
- Community (July 27 – 31) : Essential businesses help communities stay strong and flourish, whatever their size or composition. Learn how to keep your business a vibrant and important member of your community – however you define “community”.
Facebook has also launched the new Facebook Online Business Guide (O2O), a new resource to help small businesses move their business online, get discovered online and grow their online sales. Businesses can visit this page for more details.