Digital Main Street Partners
Please note that all eligible costs must show a direct tie in to implementing a new e-commerce store in your proposed spending plan. Anything that is not tied to directly selling products or services online, will not be an eligible expense.
Please note that any transactions deemed to be non-arms length between a successful grant recipient and their chosen service provider will be ineligible.
A non arms length transaction is defined as a transaction made between related parties as described in Section 251 of the Income Tax Act.
- Costs related to the implementation or improvement of a digital e-commerce plan (e.g. online reservation/booking tools, online ordering systems, electronic payments, search engine optimization (SEO))
- E-commerce software including:
- Software to track and manage product inventory, as well as fulfill and ship orders
- Software for product databases
- Software to track sales, market to customers, offer discounts, maintain a loyalty programs
- Software to simplify marketing
- Cyber Security software or certifications
- 20% of the cost of Hardware and accompanying software up to 20% of the grant total.
- For instance, if a small business buys a new e-commerce integrated point of sale (POS) system that costs $1,300, CDAP will cover 20% or $260.
- The maximum amount of the grant that can be allocated to hardware and related non e-commerce software is 20% of $2400 or $480
- Costs related to digital marketing including:
- Costs of social media marketing
- Hiring a consultant or agency to execute digital marketing initiatives related to your e-commerce store
- Note: Your grant cannot be used solely for digital marketing and/or social media advertising; such uses must be tied to an overall e-commerce implementation plan and not a standalone item
- Costs related to the installation of an e-commerce platform (including subscription fees/costs
- Costs of back-office solutions to support an e-commerce strategy
- Costs related to the creation of customer databases
- Development of new e-commerce website
- Upgrading existing e-commerce site for added functionality (i.e., new plugins, or features)
- Note: redesign of an existing site is not eligible
- Software required to implement e-commerce solution
- Note: all software must be directly tied to the selling of goods and services online, and you will need to clearly outline this in your submitted plan.
- Digital Main Street reserves the right to determine what is eligible/ineligible on an as needed basis. These are merely an outline and represent best practices.