WHAT IS R.A.I.S.E.?
Thank you for your interest in the R.A.I.S.E. program. The program has been a great success, reaching the maximum number of grants to be awarded. At this time the portal is closed and only will reopen if further funding is available.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE R.A.I.S.E. PROGRAM ARE TO:
Provide non-repayable grants of up to $10,000 to eligible racialized small businesses and entrepreneurs upon the completion of a structured coaching program.
To deliver a coaching program that will provide individual business advice and coaching to applicants as part of the program to support implementation of the required business transformation plan.
RAISE is open to applicants that meet the following requirements:
Has completed the application process, which includes:
Please review the frequently asked questions for additional information.
Please review the notice of collection for additional information on collecting race-based data.
Eligible / Ineligible CostsEligible Costs Ineligible Costs
- Fees for expertise/professional services (excluding owner/staff wages and salaries)
- Marketing and communications costs (e.g. print media, signage, promotional ads etc.)
- Costs related to digital transformation (e.g. website, digital marketing, software etc.).
- Travel costs necessary to attain business transformation plan objectives
- Capital costs including POS systems, small equipment and tools
- Business related materials and supplies
- Knowledge development activities (e.g. training, certifications etc.)
- Costs related to attaining disability supports
- Digital Main Street reserves the right to determine what is deemed eligible / ineligible on an as needed basis. These are merely an outline and represent best practices.