Resources for Small Businesses during COVID-19
Small Business Support Resources
The business community globally, in Canada, and Ontario is being impacted by COVID-19. In response, both the Canadian and the Ontario Governments have announced support for the business community during this pandemic. For more information please visit the following:
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Employment and Social Development Canada: Employment Insurance – COVID-19
- Trade Commissioner Services: Resources for Canadian Businesses – COVID-19
- The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC): Support for entrepreneurs impacted by COVID-19
- Export Development Canada (EDC): EDC support for Canadian exporters impacted by COVID-19
- FedDev Ontario: COVID-19 Support for Tourism Operators and Small to Medium-sized Business or Organizations
- EDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Managing the impact on global supply chains
- BDC: How to cope with the impacts of COVID-19 on your business
- MentorWorks: COVID-19 Support for Canadian Businesses
Digital Main Street
- Small Business Starter Kit – The DMS team wanted to put together a package of short snippet resource guides to provide you with topics and ideas you should consider
- Product Photography Guide – Our own team member Lana Pribic curated a small business product photography guide that is full of practical information
- eCommerce Beginner's Workbook – The DMS team put together a workbook for our eCommerce 101 webinar that will walk you through key steps and concepts for getting started
- Microsoft is offering a free six-month trial for a premium tier of Microsoft Teams, its workplace chat and communication platform
- Microsoft Teams: A beginners guide – This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about the chat-based communication and collaboration platform Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Modern Workplace on Demand – This FREE business channel – a first in Canada – strives to inspire, educate, and empower businesses to modernize.
- Microsoft SMB Blog – A place for all relevant SMB content and thought leadership
- Office 365 – A free trial of Microsoft Office 365. Work anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- COVID19 Response Announcement – Including: 90 day free trials, Gift cards available on all plans, Local in-store/curbside pickup and delivery for POS, Community Forum/Live Webinars/Meetups for Support
- Shopify Academy – Free Shopify training to help you build and grow a profitable business. Topics include starting your online store, promoting it via social media, photography, and more
- Shopify Blog – Industry leading blog featuring articles on how-to-guides, practical advice, revenue strategies and more
- If your organization uses Google G Suite, you now have free access to advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities through July 1, 2020
- Think With Google Canada – Insights. Ideas. Inspiration. Take your marketing further with Google. Think with Google.
- Grow With Google – Free training, tools, and events to help you grow your skills, career, or business.
- Google Primer – Bite-sized lessons to better your business. Google Primer is a free mobile app that offers quick, easy-to-understand lessons to help business owners and individuals grow skills and reach their goals.
- Google My Business – Businesses affected by COVID-19: Guidance on updating info and temporary closures
Through their Master Your Card initiative, Mastercard Canada has provided a series of info graphics that help you protect and grow your business.
- 30 Billion Reasons to Accept Mobile Payments
- Grow Your Market And Win Consumers
- Securing Your Data And Your Business
- Protecting Your Business From Fraud
Other Blogs and Resources to check out:
- HubSpot Academy – Take your professional skills to the next level with free, online training from HubSpot Academy. From quick, practical courses to comprehensive certifications, learn everything you need to know about the most sought-after business skills.
- Hootsuite, the software that many of us use to manage our social media accounts, is giving free access to Hootsuite Professional plan tools to small businesses and non-profits until July 1st, 2020
- Hootsuite Academy – Whether you're looking to build your skills or take the next leap in your career, our courses and certifications will help you succeed with social media.
- LinkedIn Learning has unlocked 16 learning courses for free, which are geared toward working from home
- Launchpad moves online with free daily virtual programming – Artscape Daniels Launchpad is offering free daily virtual programming for creative entrepreneurs and business owners.